Like the sound of our association? Want to become a member and join us? Make sure you've read our Charter and Rulebook, then download our registration form and apply for membership today. We look forward to welcoming you as our latest
Become An IRWA Member Today!
- Are you involved in the acquisition, management or disposal of real property?
- Do you work for a government agency, public utility, pipeline company or right of way contractor?
- Are you an engineer, lawyer, appraiser, property manager or negotiator?
- Do you employ professionals working in relocation assistance, land title, property management or environmental areas?
If so, you can benefit from becoming a member of the International Right of Way Association, the premier organization
serving the right of way profession.
Who Are IRWA Members?
IRWA is an individual membership association with approximately 10,000 members throughout the United States and Canada.
The association’s membership is comprised of:
- property managers
- acquisition agents
- title experts
- environmental specialists
- relocation assistance agents
While some members are in private practice, the majority of IRWA members are employed by:
- national, provincial, state, county and city governmental agencies
- special authorities including harbors, ports, water districts, airports and mass transit
- utility, pipeline and telecommunications companies
- appraisal and right of way contracting companies.
What Are the Benefits of
IRWA membership brings with it a wide range of benefits, including significant discounts on IRWA courses, a subscription
to Right of Way Magazine, access to the IRWA members only section of the website, eligibility for the SR/WA designation and certification programs, and networking opportunities at local, regional and
As members gain experience and responsibility, they have opportunities to serve IRWA and the profession through a
variety of leadership positions in committees at the local, regional and international levels. They also have the opportunity to contribute articles to Right of Way magazine and apply to become a
paid IRWA course instructor.
Where Do IRWA Members Live?
IRWA comprises a dynamic global community largely in the United States and Canada, in both rural and urban settings with
many international members as well.
Why Did Your Peers & Colleagues
According to a recent IRWA member survey, access to quality educational and professional development courses, networking
and information-sharing were the most important reasons your peers joined IRWA. Through our network of 80 local chapters in the United States and Canada, IRWA provides
opportunities for those new to the right of way profession to learn from experienced veterans through formal and informal forums to exchange ideas. In addition, IRWA members
embrace and value the shared commitment to the Association's high standard of ethics.
How Do I Join?
Governmental agencies interested in enrolling 20 or more individuals as IRWA members may want to consider the Agency
Membership option. Details about Agency Membership may be obtained by contacting IRWA Executive Vice President Mark Rieck at email@example.com.